Valentine’s Day is coming up quickly and the pressure to find the perfect gift is on. Have you already grabbed something great for your loved ones? Our advice? Don’t skip out on a heartfelt card to go with it! It’s the easiest (and most affordable!) way to show how much you care. Your words mean the world, so share your heart with the ones you love.
Unsure of how to start your Valentine’s Day message? We’ve got some great tips + tricks for writing the perfect sentiment for any and all of your sweethearts. From partners + spouses, parents, and your littlest loves… We’ve got you covered.
Step 1: Address them by name
Whether your custom card is for your parents, kiddos, or a romantic partner, make sure to start by addressing them by name! If you’re in the mood to get really sentimental, you could try adding in other words of admiration, like “My dearest Brian”, “Anna, my love”, “To my cutie”, and so on. You can even use a pet name or nickname here for an extra adorable touch. This sets the tone for your entire card and makes it all feel so personal.
Step 2: Recognize the holiday
This may seem obvious, but don’t forget to wish your loved one a happy Valentine’s Day! This simple step shows that you know the importance of the day, and are using it as a great reason to share your love.
Step 3: Add something special
Now’s the time to express your love! Write something sincere to show your sweetie how near and dear to you they truly are. Can’t come up with anything creative? We’ve got some inspiration for you! Keep reading for some messages from the heart, fit for any of your Valentines.
- Wishing we could be together for Valentine’s Day.
- Miss you and love you lots.
- You have a special place in my heart.
- Hope your Valentine’s Day is filled with lots of flowers, chocolate, and love!
- Sending you all the love this Valentine’s Day.
- Wishing I could get a hug from Grandma today!
- Without your love, there would be no me!
- Thanks for all you do to make my life happier.
- I hope you’re feeling all the love today!
- I love getting to spend this day with the people I love most.
- You fill my heart with joy, today and every day.
- Thanks for your unconditional love and support, mom + dad!
For little ones
- I hope your Valentine’s Day was as special as you are!
- I love you a chocoLOT!
- You make me smile all the time.
- You’re the sweetest!
- Right from the start you stole my heart.
- Have fun on Valentine’s Day… and don’t eat too much candy!
For significant others
- My favorite place in the world is next to you.
- I love you to the moon, to the stars, and far beyond.
- You always take my breath away.
- I hope you feel how much I love you and how thankful I am to have found you. Today and every day.
- You mean absolutely everything to me.
- You’re my first thought every morning and my last thought each night.
Other silly sentiments
- You’re the best person to spend this yearly obligation with.
- You have a pizza my heart!
- All you need is love… But a little chocolate now + then doesn’t hurt!
- You’re the peanut butter to my jelly!
- I love you more than naps + sweatpants!
- Will you be wine? I love you merlots!
Still not sure about what to write? Just let it come from the heart! No matter what you say, your dear ones will feel so loved, thanks to your thoughtful card.
If you snagged some cute custom cards for your Valentines this year, be sure to share with us on social media! You can tag us on Instagram or Facebook or use the hashtag #snapfish. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Pinterest, too. We can’t wait to see your super-sweet sentiments and adorable gifts, too!