How To Write Thank You Messages For Birthday Wishes.
Looking for the right words to say “thank you” to your friends and family after they have wished you well on your birthday? Whether it’s through text, Facebook update, or personalized birthday card, a few words of gratitude will be much appreciated! It’s one thing to appreciate these birthday sentiments, but how do you write meaningful thank you messages for birthday wishes?
It tends to be well received if you respond in the same way as you received your birthday greeting. For example, if people wish you happy birthday messages on Facebook, it makes sense to post a status thanking all of your friends for their well wishes. If people text you directly, it would make sense to respond individually over text; and, of course, if people take time to send you a personal birthday card, they should receive thanks in writing, too.
How Do You Word A Birthday Thank You Card Message?
A handwritten card or thank you note has the most impact and meaning when you are trying to show gratitude. If you are planning on expressing your appreciation through a personalized birthday thank you card, there are certain rules you should follow. By sticking to a few core rules and tips you will add clarity to your words of thanks and simplify the whole writing process. When crafting the perfect thank you note, you should always write your thank you message with the recipient in mind. Read on for tips and examples:
Start your message with “Thank You”.
If you received a birthday gift, make sure you mention that specifically.
Alternatively, if they just wished you “happy birthday”, say “thank you for the wishes”.
Don’t forget to tell them how their thoughtful message made you feel. For example “your birthday wish made my day” or “it made me feel so loved that you remembered my birthday”.
If you are writing the card, remember to sign off with your name.
How Long Should Your Birthday Thank You Message Be?
Usually, short and sweet works well when responding to birthday wishes. However, if you have more to say, there is nothing wrong with a long thank you letter. A simple social media status update can be short and simple, but a personal thank you message for a thoughtful birthday gift should be a little longer and personalized to the recipient. If you have a lot of people to thank, then a set of personalized stationery might come in very handy.
When Should You Send Birthday Thank You Notes?
There is no precise time frame for sending out birthday thank you notes, but it is considered polite to send them as soon as possible after the event. While receiving a thank you card late is better than not receiving one at all, you should still aim to send them within a reasonable amount of time. If they sent you a birthday gift, try to send out thank you notes within a week of receiving the gift, so as not to appear rude.
Of course, if you see someone in person and they wish you happy birthday, it would make sense to thank them in person and not have to contact them again about it later.
Thank You Messages For Birthday Wishes On Facebook
Your virtual social media birthday wishes might feel just as special as your physical wishes and hugs. Social media makes it easy for everyone – no matter where they are in the world – to send a simple happy birthday greeting. Thanking your Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or even TikTok friends for their kind words can be as detailed as you’d like it to be. If you are looking for new ways to send a virtual ‘Thank You for the Birthday Wishes’ message, here are some ideas that could help you get started.
- I am so grateful for all of the birthday wishes from my friends and family. You are all truly amazing!
- My birthday was made all the more special with the birthday wishes from all of you. Thank you!
- Waking up to birthday wishes on my profile page put a smile on my face. Thank you all so much for the love.
- I felt so loved receiving all of your birthday wishes. You are all the best. Thank you!
- Thank you all for the love and birthday wishes! Seeing the social media notifications brightened my day.
- Thank you for the lovely messages and posts for my birthday! They absolutely made my day.
- Waking up to all your birthday wishes had me smiling for the rest of the day. Thank you all for the love!
Thank You Messages For Birthday Wishes Over Text
Think of birthday texts as another form of social media birthday message. Reply to the long, thought-out birthday wishes with a personalized thank you reply and even a photo of your smiling face in a party hat, blowing out the birthday candles, or just with some birthday emojis. This shows that you put a little effort into making your thanks special, but is still fairly simple to do. Below are some simple birthday thank you text quotes you could use for a group thank you text.
- Thank you for the birthday text! I am truly grateful to have you in my life.
- Waking up to your birthday text made my morning. Thank you so much!
- Thank you for the birthday text! Knowing you thought of today makes me so happy.
- Thank you all for thinking of me. I loved receiving your birthday love and wishes just now.
Birthday Thank You Messages For Family And Friends
If you are looking for the best ways of saying “thank you” to your friends and family, we have a few birthday thank you message suggestions below.
- Thank you so much to my family and friends for showering me in love on my birthday. I am so appreciative of you all.
- Your birthday wishes made my big day so special.
- Thank you for the birthday message and for being such an important part of my life.
- Thanks for the birthday message. You helped make my birthday so special today!
- Thank you for your lovely birthday wishes… they mean the world to me.
Birthday Thank You Messages For Co-workers
A simple birthday thank you message for co-workers is an easy way to show your appreciation when they wish you the best on your birthday. Read on for our professional thank you message suggestions for your colleagues that you could write in a card, email, or text.
- Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! I am so happy to have such great friends at work.
- Thank you for the birthday wishes. You make my workdays that much brighter.
- Thank you all so much for thinking of me.
- I have the best co-workers I could have asked for. Thanks for the birthday wishes!
Birthday Thank You Messages On Behalf Of A Child
After the birthday party invitations, remember the birthday thank you cards! Remember to get the child to sign the card even if you write it – you could always scan in a simple message from the child and have it printed on the thank you card to make it easier for the younger children. Read on for some simple birthday thank you message examples.
- Thank you so much for wishing ___ a Happy Birthday! I appreciate the love to my child from all of you.
- ___ appreciates all of your kind birthday wishes. Thank you!
- You all made ___ ‘s birthday so special. Thank you all for the birthday wishes!
- Thanks all for the birthday wishes to___. They are all very much appreciated.
- Huge thank you to everyone that wished ___ a happy birthday!
Whether you’re writing a thank you card or texting a “thank you” for birthday wishes, remember to mention how appreciative you feel. Try to send your thank you message soon after the event and keep it short and sweet. Check out our range of personalized birthday thank you card designs so you could include photos of the event to share with everyone, and read our other birthday card sentiment blog posts for more birthday wishes ideas . Your friends and family will appreciate the time taken to recognise their efforts.
How did you say Thank You? Share it with us on social media! You can tag us with @snapfish in your photos on Instagram or Facebook or use the hashtag #snapfish. Follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Pinterest, too. Check out the Snapfish site for even more new products that parents and kids alike will adore!