Why choose Snapfish?
You love your photos. So do we. They tell your story. They connect you to the people, places, and memories you cherish. They captivate and inspire you. That’s why we’re dedicated to helping you turn them into beautiful, personal keepsakes and gifts.
Snapfish helps you make the most out of life’s most memorable moments. As a world leader in personalized products and photos, we allow you to create lasting keepsakes; award-winning photo books; custom stationery, including cards, announcements, and invitations; as well as unique home décor, custom calendars and photo gifts. We help you connect with your family and friends by sharing your memories and photos in creative and innovative ways.
The Snapfish Journey
Snapfish was launched in 1999 as “Project Skytalk” by business partners Rajil Kapoor, Bala Parthasarathy, Suneet Wadhwa and Shripati Acharya. The Snapfish.com website launched in April 2000. The Snapfish goal was to ensure everyone could access their memories in a snap (some might refer to it now as the first cloud service) and be able to create beautiful personalized products using them. The site they created withstood and embraced these changes over 20 years, an eternity in technological terms. As a result Snapfish has become the single largest platform of its kind worldwide thanks to you: our customers and partners.
Over the years, Snapfish has seen a number of changes. Snapfish was acquired by District Photo in October 2001 and launched the UK site, Snapfish.co.uk, in November 2004. In 2005, Snapfish was bought by Hewlett-Packard (HP), and in January 2006 Snapfish acquired bilderservice.de GmbH, which operated PIXACO – a leading online photo services and products site in Europe and launched into Europe. HP sold Snapfish back to District Photo in April 2015 and Snapfish acquired CafePress in November 2018. Finally, on January 8th 2020, Apollo Global Management acquired Snapfish and merged them with Shutterfly into a single entity.
The purpose of Snapfish
Snapfish exists to help share life’s joy as the leading provider for personalised products and photo printing. We’re here to help turn photos – from the everyday quick snap to the precious, once-in-a-lifetime event – into the most thoughtful gifts.
Snapfish is for everyone. From new to professional photographers. Proud parents to ambitious teenagers. Passionate pet owners to avid outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you use your phone, a trusty point-and-shoot, or a digital SLR, we make it fun, affordable, and easy to preserve and share your photos. That’s why so many families just like yours have trusted Snapfish to bring their photos to life for more than 21 years.
What are the Snapfish Values
- Simplicity. We want your Snapfish experience to be simple and delightful, from browsing our products to creating and ordering your own. That’s how we help you create something beautiful.
- Freedom. The products you make should be as personal and unique as the photos you take. You can start with one of our many designs, or build from scratch with products like photo books and calendars, then add just the creative touches you want. With our tools, you call the creative shots.
- Convenience. When inspiration strikes, we don’t want anything to stop you. Create on your phone, your tablet, your laptop, your desktop. On your comfy sofa, at the kitchen table, even on the bus. Wherever you go, we go. You can download our free photo app here (and get 100 free photo prints a month too!) and all the photos you upload from your app to your account will also be visible when you log into your Snapfish account on your PC.
- Sharing. We play nice with all your favorite photo sharing sites, like Facebook, Instagram, and Google Photos, so you can easily import your pics to Snapfish. And, of course, we make it easy for you to share your photos with family and friends.
- Quality. From professional-grade photo paper to archival-quality inks, premium cardstock and more, we want to make sure you’re happy with your Snapfish products and enjoy them for years to come.
- Customer service. Our goal is to make you smile. When you have questions or concerns, we’re here to listen, understand, and do what we can to help. Whether you prefer to search online or chat with a real (and very nice) human being, we’re focused on addressing your needs.
What does Snapfish do?
Snapfish brings your memories into the real world with high-quality printing techniques. Whether you’re surrounding yourself with your own favourite memories or sharing them with friends and family, your photos and our gorgeous products will make you smile for years to come.
We produce your personalized gifts and prints in our US factory, and every product is bespoke, made to your designs and printed on our world-class machines. We then check, pack and deliver each beautiful item direct to your door.
What products can you buy on Snapfish?
We help consumers capture, preserve, and share life’s important moments through personalized products. The Snapfish brand brings photos to life in photo books, gifts, home décor, and cards and stationery. Every year, millions of people enjoy a Snapfish canvas, calendar, mug, phone case or one of our beautiful photo books.
What did you customize on Snapfish? Share it with us on social media! You can tag us with @snapfishus in your photos on Instagram or Facebook or use the hashtag #snapfish. Follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Pinterest, too. Check out the Snapfish site for even more new products that parents and kids alike will adore!