Summary of Snapfish Terms & Conditions
This is a summary only. For our complete terms and conditions, click
here. Please note that while our terms and conditions may change from
time to time, you will always find the most recent version here.
You control who sees your photos and videos. Snapfish is designed to provide
a private, secure place for you to store and share your photos and videos. Only you
and the friends and family members you invite have access to your photos and videos.
Your personal information is protected. Your privacy is important
to us and we take great care to protect it. Please see our Privacy
Policy for details.
We will communicate with you via email. Snapfish intends to send
regular email updates and occasional promotional offers that may be of
interest to you. You may opt-out of these mailings at any time upon receipt.
Age: You must be at least 13 years of age to sign-up for Snapfish.
For more information on how the Snapfish service works, click
To read the complete Snapfish Terms and Conditions, please see below.
Snapfish Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Snapfish by HP! Snapfish provides members a fun, safe, and easy
way to process, print, digitize, store, share and otherwise use (collectively
"Process") photographs and videos. However, before you enter the Snapfish site (the
"Site") or use any of the Snapfish services, you must carefully review
the Terms and Conditions set out below (the "Terms"). In addition, specific
pages on the Site may set out additional terms and conditions, all of
which are incorporated by reference into these Terms. These Terms may
be changed or updated at any time, but you can always find the most recent
version here. In the case of inconsistencies between these Terms and information
included in off-line materials (for example, promotional materials and
mailers), these Terms will always control. You should periodically check
this page to make sure you are up to date.
By entering and using the Site, you indicate that you accept these Terms
and that you agree to be bound by them. Acceptance of these Terms creates
a binding contract between you and Snapfish that you will use the Service
only in a manner consistent with these Terms. If you have questions about
these Terms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your use of the Site and its services (together, the "Service") is entirely conditioned on and subject to your compliance with these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, do not access or use the Service.
- Terms of Membership
membership ("Membership") is available to you if you are at least 13 years
of age and submit certain requested information to Snapfish, including
your name and correct email address. When you become a Member, you must
provide Snapfish with true, accurate, current, and complete information
about yourself when such information is requested by the Service (whether
by questionnaires, surveys, registration forms, or other informational
- A condition of Membership is your "Active Participation" in the Service. Active Participation is defined as purchasing photo or video merchandise, including reprints and enlargements, through the Service at least once every 365 days. Purchases through Snapfish third-party advertisers, including HP Home & Home Office Store, do not count towards Active Participation. If you cease Active Participation for any reason, Snapfish may terminate your Membership (or any part thereof) and your use of the Service, and may remove and discard all information, communications, postings, albums, image files, creative material, photographs, videos, links, comments, and other content (collectively "Content") uploaded by you or otherwise made available by you within the Service.
- Digital Image Storage
- Snapfish offers free, unlimited storage of online photos to Members who maintain Active Participation. Video storage may also be provided depending on the services you subscribe to. When you upload photo or video Content to the Service, the original resolution and format of your Content may be modified depending on the upload speed you choose. Further, if you upload photo or video Content with very high resolution or bit-rate, Snapfish may in its discretion down-sample the Content regardless of the upload speed you choose.
- You should always preserve your original Content, or make back-up copies
of such Content, on your personal system. You should not use the Service
as the only repository or other source for your Content.
- Member Conduct
- Snapfish is committed to ensuring
that the Service remains a fun and safe place to Process photographs and videos.
To that end, the Service allows Members to be creative with their Content.
Users of the Service, whether or not Members, may not use the Service
to Process Prohibited Content. Generally, Prohibited Content includes
Content or other material that Snapfish believes:
- Is abusive, deceptive, pornographic, obscene, defamatory,
slanderous, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate;
- Comprises copyrighted material used without the express
permission of the owner;
- Violates or otherwise encroaches on the rights of others;
- Contains viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses or
other forms of corruptive code, or any other content which may compromise
the Service (collectively “Corruptive Code”);
- Advocates illegal activity;
- Hacks, destabilizes or adapts the Service, or alters another website to falsely imply it is affiliated with the Service;
- Uses any high volume automated means (including robots, spiders or scripts) to access the Service;
- Broadcasts or sends any form of advertising, mass communication or solicitation to Snapfish users;
- Harms anyone, including minors; or,
- Provides a link to any of the above
- Snapfish has the sole discretion to determine whether Content is Prohibited
Content, and any Content submitted to the Service may be subject to examination
from time to time. Although Snapfish does not and will not examine or
otherwise review all Content submitted or transmitted to the Service,
Snapfish may delete, move, and edit Content for any reason, at any time,
- All Content (whether private or public) that is Processed on the Site
is the sole responsibility of the person who submitted it. Thus, you are
responsible for your Content.
- By viewing the Site, you may be exposed to Content that you consider
offensive. You take sole responsibility for such exposure.
- Snapfish in no way guarantees the accuracy, quality, or appropriateness
of Content available through the Service.
- As part of the Service, Snapfish may offer Members the right to establish group rooms, shared rooms, or other similar capabilities on the Site (collectively “Group Rooms“), at Snapfish's option and subject to Snapfish's conditions. If a Group Room involves a Member-specific URL, such as xxx.snapfish.com, Snapfish may revoke the right to use that URL for any reason deemed appropriate by Snapfish in its sole discretion; Snapfish will provide at least thirty days notice prior to any such revocation. Snapfish owns and retains all right, title, and interest in the use of “snapfish“ or other Snapfish property in association with Group Rooms.
- Snapfish may provide you with an "Embedded Player" feature to enable you to incorporate certain Content into your own personal, non-commercial websites for use in accessing the materials on the Site. You must provide a prominent link back to the Site on all pages containing the Embeddable Player. Snapfish will have no responsibility or liability for content users post to other websites and the removal of such content is the sole responsibility of those other websites.
- Third Party Software and Websites
- As a convenience to Members, Snapfish may make third-party software available through the Service, including by downloading, or provide links to third-party websites. Your use of such third-party software or websites will be subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the third party provider. The agreement to use such software or websites will be solely between you and the third party provider. Snapfish makes no representations or warranties concerning, and is not liable or responsible in any manner for, any performance, effectiveness or other aspect of such software or websites.
- Snapfish may make certain third-party templates, images, products, tools and services available to Members through the Service, including by downloading. Such third-party templates, images, products, tools and services are provided "as is" without support or warranties of any kind. Snapfish makes no representations or warranties concerning, and it not liable or responsible in any manner for, any performance, effectiveness, claims or other aspect of third-party templates, images, products, tools and services.
We respect your privacy and have taken specific steps to protect it. Please see our Privacy
- When you use the Service, you become a participant in an online community of people who enjoy videos and photography.
- Content License. In order for Snapfish to provide our services to you and your invitees, as a condition to Membership you hereby grant to Snapfish, solely for providing or improving the Service (e.g., customer support, technical support and/or vendor order fulfillment), the right to copy, display, modify, distribute, transmit, and make derivative works of your Content.
- Content Ownership. As a condition to Membership, you represent and warrant to Snapfish that you either own your Content or have written permission from the copyright owner to make such Content available to the Service.
- The Service is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws and
by other applicable laws. You may not Process any Content owned by someone
else without the written consent of the owner of such Content. You are
solely responsible for any copyright violations that you may incur as
a result of your activities on the Service.
- If you believe that your work or the work of another has been copied
in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, Snapfish has a process
in place to respond to your concerns. Please see How
To Contact Us About Copyright Infringement Claims.
YOU WILL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS SNAPFISH, INCLUDING ITS
OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, INFORMATION
PROVIDERS, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY "SNAPFISH AFFILIATES") FROM AND AGAINST
ALL LOSSES, CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, EXPENSES, DAMAGES AND COSTS, INCLUDING
REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES, RESULTING FROM ANY VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS
OR ANY ACTIVITY RELATED TO THE SERVICE (INCLUDING NEGLIGENT OR WRONGFUL
CONDUCT) BY YOU OR BY ANY OTHER PERSON ACCESSING THE SERVICE AS YOUR INVITEE,
SUCH AS BY USING YOUR ACCOUNT.
- Limited Warranty
- IN NO EVENT WILL SNAPFISH OR
SNAPFISH AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM OF ANY NATURE, WHETHER DIRECT
OR INDIRECT, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO (I) CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE ON
OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH CONTENT,
OR (II) LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF CONTENT.
- ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE
IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. YOUR USE OF
THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. SNAPFISH WARRANTS ONLY THAT
PHOTOGRAPHIC MATERIALS PROVIDED WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU IN
USABLE CONDITION. IF YOUR PRINTS ARE DAMAGED, OF UNACCEPTABLE
QUANTITY OR QUALITY, OR LOST OR NOT RETURNED, SNAPFISH'S SOLE OBLIGATION,
AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, WILL BE FOR SNAPFISH TO EITHER
(I) REFUND THE FULL AMOUNT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF SUCH PRINTS, OR
(II) REPRINT THE PHOTOS AT NO EXTRA COST.
- EXCEPT FOR THE ABOVE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY,
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, SNAPFISH AND SNAPFISH AFFILIATES
EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,
INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SNAPFISH MAKES
NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL BE PROVIDED IN A MANNER THAT IS
UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE, (ii) THE SERVICE IS OR WILL
BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR (iii) THE SERVICE WILL
MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. SNAPFISH MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH
RESPECT TO SOFTWARE, GOODS, OR SERVICES THAT ARE PURCHASED, ACCESSED,
OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THAT ARE ADVERTISED ON THE SITE, INCLUDING
THAT SOFTWARE WILL BE FREE OF CORRUPTIVE CODE. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED
OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION
AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER
SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW,
THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW, SNAPFISH WILL HAVE NO OBLIGATION
OR LIABILITY (WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE,
PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT,
SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LIABILITIES (INCLUDING ANY LOSS OF
DATA, REVENUE OR PROFIT) ARISING WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE,
EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS
LIMITATION APPLIES TO DAMAGES ARISING FROM (i) USE OR INABILITY TO USE
THE SERVICE, (ii) COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES,
(iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS BY THIRD
PARTIES, (iv) THIRD PARTY CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE,
OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
- SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY
TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE
OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Snapfish may, in its sole discretion, terminate your Membership (or
any part thereof) or your use of the Service, and remove and discard any
Content at any time, without notice, for any reason, including: (i) conduct
that violates these Terms or other policies or guidelines set forth by
Snapfish elsewhere within the Service, or (ii) conduct Snapfish believes
is harmful to other Snapfish users, the business of Snapfish, or HP Affiliates, or (iii) failure to maintain Active Participation in the Service.
Snapfish will not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination
of your access to the Service.
- Choice of Law
The state and federal courts of California are the exclusive forum and
venue to resolve any and all disputes arising out of or otherwise relating
to these Terms. You consent to personal jurisdiction and venue by the
state and federal courts of the State of California.
- Modification of Terms
Snapfish may amend these Terms at any time, for any reason, and without
notice, including the right to terminate the Service or any part of the
Service. Any amendments or modifications made by Snapfish will be prospective
- Entire Agreement
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Snapfish
governing your use of the Service. In the case of inconsistencies between
these Terms and any information included in off-line materials (for example,
promotional materials and mailers), these Terms will always control. You
may also be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply
when you use Snapfish Affiliate services, third-party Content, or third-party
- The failure of Snapfish to exercise or enforce any Term will not constitute
a waiver of such Term. If any Term is found by a court of competent jurisdiction
to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor
to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision,
and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect.
- Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause
of action arising out of or related to the Service or these Terms will
be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose, or
be forever barred.
- Reporting Violations
You can report abuse of these Terms to email@example.com.